As soon as recordings become available, we will post them on this page. Recordings will be available for both pre-conferences and main sessions.
1) Around the World during a Pandemic: Walking with the Global Church by Jen Haddox, ECO Director of Global Engagement
Join us for the Global Engagement Pre-Conference where we will virtually journey around the globe, hearing testimonies from global church leaders about God’s mission in their context. You will have the opportunity to participate in breakout sessions and visit with leaders from South Asia, West Africa, Central American or the Middle East. The gospel invites us to walk together in ways that encourage and build one another up and thankfully God’s mission continues even during this global COVID pandemic.
2) Cultivating Emerging Leaders Lisa Johnson, ECO Director of Leadership Development & Kendra Norton, ECO Student and Ordination Advisor
This preconference is for churches who want to help raise the next generation of leaders and pastors and also for those considering Commission Lay Pastor (CLP) Training or Ordination themselves. We will discuss discernment, the new Ordination process, the core competencies for ECO leaders, Commission Lay Pastor Training, and the desired outcomes for every ECO Pastor. If you want to be a church, presbytery, or individual who cultivates emerging leaders or you are an emerging leader yourself, this pre-conference will be very helpful for you.
3) Understanding Sacraments: The Lord’s Supper (with new resource) by Greg Wagenfuhr, ECO Theology Coordinator
COVID-19 raised some big questions about church and the sacraments. Join us as we release our major 2021 theology resource on The Lord’s Supper for conversation about theology of sacraments, church, and thoughts on practice after COVID. Who knows, you might see some live debate! We’ll also give an update on the progress of ECO’s “New Theology Document.
4) Governance: Everything You Need to Organize and Govern Your Church for Maximum Kingdom Impact by John Terech, ECO Director of Operations
Over the last few years in ECO we have seen success using a Policy Model of governance, similar to the Carver Model. Paul Borden has helped us implement this model in several churches in the Transformation Cohort. Today we will explore that model and what you would need to do to implement it in your church.
5) How will ECO Fulfill its Vision? by Dana Allin, ECO Synod Executive
Last year ECO has cast a vision for 2030 to see 1000 flourishing churches that together make a local and global impact. It is natural to ask how does ECO plan to fulfill this vision. In this pre-conference, we will take a deep dive into several initiatives that ECO is undertaking that will help us realize our future vision. Learn how you can support and participate in these exciting initiatives to help make our vision a reality.
6) Pastoral Transitions: How to Flourish in a Transition Seasons by Nate Dreesmann, ECO Executive Director of Ecclesiastical Support
This breakout is for churches going through a pastoral transition and for pastors who are interested in becoming part of ECO’s Certified Transitional Pastor network.